Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sautéed Brussel Sprouts with Spam


I've never cooked spam before, so this is my first dish. It was inspired from a dish my Aunt Patsy made for a recent dinner party. 

1 lb brussel sprouts
1 small yellow onion
1/2 red pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1/8 tsp pepper
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 cup chopped spam (4 slices of cooked bacon or 1/3 cup ham works too)

1. In skillet, cook spam over medium heat until browned - about 10 minutes.

2. Wash brussel sprouts and tear off any damaged leaves. Cut off stems and slice sprouts from top to bottom.

3. Add butter, garlic, and brussel sprouts to skillet and cook for 5 minutes.

4. Chop onion and red pepper. Add onion to skillet. Cook until brussel sprouts are slightly wilted.

4. Mix in red pepper and ground pepper. Cook for an additional 3 minutes until red pepper is slightly warmed.

Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I diffently used more butter...bacon has more fat than spam...and 2 onions, but it wasn't bad I wish I had added potatoes

    ReplyDelete